Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

And I am Off!

I know I was going to talk about my adventures exploring Kimmirut in my next blog. but I found out I will be traveling to Igloolik to do a relief for their store.

I was a little hesitant at first because I am comfortable in my store and I know the ins and outs.  Igloolik is on an island off of mainland Nunavut about 2 and a half hours flight from Kimmirut . The town and store is much bigger than mine ( population is 1700ish)

I leave tomorrow from Kimmirut and overnight in Iqaluit . I have a 7 am flight from Iqaluit to Igloolik and will arrive there around 9ish. I am pretty sure I will be put right to work.

I am looking forward to seeing another community and maybe getting a picture of a walrus.

The next update from me will be in Iqaluit or Igloolik which ever I get inspired by first!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are building memories that you will never forget. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing all about your experiences in Igloolik. How long will you be there? Have a good flight and I look forward to your next installment on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another chapter in your life in the north.Exciting it will be and perhaps a little nervous but an adventure for sure. Can't wait to hear all about it. <3 carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am stopping by from the FMS gift exchange. Just wanted to check out all of the blogs:) I am dying to know, did you see a walrus?

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete